Religiousdebate - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Religiousdebate > Topics

Subject: POLLS
Replies: 34 Views: 1740

shadyct 16.09.08 - 06:56am
Can you all please give truthfull answers to the polls...... *

9362 16.09.08 - 10:06am
My fault,i went to press look for results but i think when you do that it still processes it as a vote i think *

shadyct 16.09.08 - 11:05am
@digits no need for an apology... Im not worried who voted for what. I just want to have a visual on what people honestly think about religion , pro and if they learning anything.etc if its in the negative then we can try and do things better etc... *

9362 16.09.08 - 12:24pm
Can you get any other options apart from yes or no on the answers?i would have voted for sometimes if i could *

shadyct 16.09.08 - 02:13pm
I know which poll you speaking about....I tried editing that one but i cant.... *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 06:21am
Okay now the Poll about hating religion I tried to edit But realised it will work aswell, the intention of my polls is to see IF religion is hated, if you get truthfull and satisfactory answers and if you learn something from the forum....NOW I looking at the result of the polls I would like those who dont like a specific religion to tell me whats your reasoning, those who say muslims on here aint truthfull state your reasons and questions and maybe we can debate it here....and if you have a negative response about gaining knowledge in the religion forum state your reasons....for discussion and debate...

n1ck 25.09.08 - 07:39am
Well I voted that I have learned positive things in the religion forum, and I have - about Christianity from my fellow Christians (we all learn from each other) and about Islam and others. I freely confess that I knew little about Islam when I came to prodigits, but now thanks to some discussions with muslims along with a lot of further studies on Islam, I now have vastly more knowledge about Islam. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 07:50am
As for the poll about whether or not I feel muslims on prodigits give sufficient and truthful answers to questions about Islam, well the options are quite restricting and on that basis I selected no.

My reason being that in just about every topic I have tried to engage muslims in questions or debates about Islam, certain muslims have hurled insults at both me and everyone who doesnt agree with them. I have been called all sorts of things by muslims - among them being stupid, a liar, a di*khead, a pig, and others which I do not care to repeat for their vulgarity.

Now I do not generalize and say that all muslims do that or have done that, of course not! But even those who do not drop to that level have not corrected or stood against the behaviour of their fellow muslims. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 07:59am
Now when the topics get to the point of insulting people, prophets, holy books etc, I prefer to separate myself from such behaviour and therefore leave the topic. On doing so, I have often found that the same muslims doing the insulting turn to taunting and mockery, saying that I have run away from the topic. Hence I think I have gathered a bit of a reputation, it seems, for running away ''when I am beaten''.

The truth is, I know that when in a negative situation where insults are being tossed around, the temptation is to respond in a likewise fashion. To retaliate like that would be sinful, and that is why I rather walk away. *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 08:05am
Cool thanks for that great response N1ck... clap.GIF

shadyct 25.09.08 - 08:08am
@n1ck I have received insults from people from all walks of life. So dont feel like you the only one that gets the bad end of verbal abuse.... *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 08:08am
Now dont get me wrong - obviously this sort of thing is not restricted to muslims. Pagans, atheists and indeed Christians have thrown insults around too. So I am not just throwing all the muslims into one bucket. In fact, to be fair I am sure that if another poll is created asking the same question about Christians, the answers may well be in the negative too.

The thing is though, one has to define what a true Christian is. One aspect of a true Christian is that he is quickly brought down to earth by God and apologizes for his actions. I myself have over-stepped boundaries in the past - I freely confess to that. You will also, however, remember that I have always apologized for my actions and posted a public apology to go with it. A public apology which was mocked, I might add, but nevertheless the apology was not to gain popularity but only to clear my own conscience. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 08:10am
I sincerely offer apologies to anybody on behalf of anybody who has claimed to be Christian and has insulted you. *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 08:15am
Nick I was speaking in general to just note that you not the only one that feels the wrath of verbal abuse, no need for an apology from you bro. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 08:16am
Well back to the question in the poll, again, based on what I have posted, my general opinion is that I have not been able to get sufficient and honest answers from muslims due to topics between us generally developing into a mud-slinging match, the consequence being that the topic is deserted before any real conclusions can be drawn.

That is my honest opinion, and I trust that it will be accepted as such. If you disagree, please dont take it personally. Like I said, there are muslims on prodigits that I have a lot of time and love for. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 08:18am
Yeah I know shadyct, I wasn't responding directly to your post, I was posting in line with what I was saying and it is directed at everybody who has ever been treated poorly by a ''Christian''. *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 08:19am
@ n1ck i wont argue with you on that point, I have seen many muslims acting inappropriately and have spoken to them already...If they persist then sorry i did my part and cant force them to change their ways....if I somehow did offend you sorry! *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 08:23am
To be honest, I have been thinking a lot about not returning to the forum. I believe it is a negative influence on me, and that I cannot grow personally and spiritually in the forum.

The only thing keeping me there for now is for the sake of others, as I receive a lot of inboxes from all kinds of people based on things I have posted, and I praise the Lord that through me He has renewed the faith of many people on here. I continue in the hope that I can reach more people and give them hope. *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 08:25am
Lol I felt the same way many times, and am highly considering leaving pro for good....i had a good few years here and I think its time to give pro a rest. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 08:26am
Shadyct you know that although we do not always see eye to eye, you are one of the muslims whom I respect for your devotion and knowledge. I have a lot of brotherly love for you, and you must know that any grievances I may have had with you are long forgotten. *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 08:30am
Likewise n1ck what is prtrayed in debate forums is just debate...no hard feelings are ever attached. smileyez.GIF

n1ck 25.09.08 - 08:32am
Shadyct, we are similar in our approach to faith, knowledge and religious issues. Why don't we engage each other in a sharing of wisdom?

I would love to share some things with you if you are open to listen, and likewise I would appreciate any knowledge you would care to offer. *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 08:35am
Cool I dont have a problem with that. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 08:53am
Shadyct, I have put up some links that I would love for you to visit. They are called The True Gospel, part 1 to 4. They are mp3's that you can download for free and copy to CD. It is an excellent seminar about what the True Gospel message is, because most Christian pastors get it wrong. I would really love for you to listen to them and tell me what your thoughts are. Obviously, you wont agree initially with what is said, but it would be great if you would listen to the whole series and post your thoughts afterwards. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 08:55am
I have also put up a link called Christian Theology. It explains everything about Christian beliefs. It would be great if you could see our beliefs from our point of view so that you can have a better understanding of why we believe what we do. *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 08:56am
May God bless you richly as you explore the information in those links! *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 09:00am
Will do when I have time bro, anyways i forgot to mention to you that my Mom was christian and my family on her side are christian, I have a vast amount of knowledge on christianity as a whole, i was at a young age exposed to christianity when doing comparative studies, anyways the idea of comparative studies is not to see flaws in christianty if thats what your thinking of it is, the reason why i did that is to see simarlarities in previous religion doctrine after all Islam teaches us muslims to believe in all scripture. and all prophets. *

shadyct 25.09.08 - 09:03am
thanks for the links *

n1ck 25.09.08 - 09:43am
Ok cool shadyct. Christian theology is most times misunderstood and poorly taught, even by those who believe in it. The links offer a great explanation of Christian theology based on the Bible alone as the source of wisdom. *

cydr1 30.09.08 - 09:01pm
to nick and shady. i look forward to seeing either or both of you in forum.i believe that you are both a steadying influence on most of the more volatile debaters.nick further to your comment about leaving debate when the insults fly, it takes more courage to walk away from an argument than to stay and fight.i have been doing it all my life . *

ripon91 11.10.08 - 11:21am
I know its so hard to assume but polls should have every possible answers or options so that each person may parti te and every possibilities can be judged. *

shadyct 11.10.08 - 02:13pm
i agree bro, please add more polls if u have time.. *

iilmadme 21.11.08 - 01:53am
hi :) i like the polls,i didnt realise u cud do that here.nice...i voted that ive learnt things in religion forum..i have,a lot.n ive started readin agen as a result,which is excellent..ive found muslims here to be really helpful n informative,i know u wud be in a better position to do this if ppl wudnt turn evrythin into a squabble.its gettin too stressful in there *

shadyct 21.11.08 - 08:23am
Thank you iilmadme for your honest opinions, I hope we all can learn something from each other.

cydr1 21.11.08 - 07:00pm
its a pleasure to be able to discuss religious subjects with reasonable and right minded people! this group was inspired. *

* Religiousdebate Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Religiousdebate

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search